This is the era of digital advertising, and most organizations across the globe now consider digital advertising an essential part of their marketing campaign. In India Google is a mostly used search engine and hence Google AdWords AKA Google Ads or PPC services are attracting a lot of buzz in the online advertising field. Hence The demand for Google Adwords experts and PPC executive is high in the Market. If you are attending an interview for Google AdWords professionals then you must read the most commonly asked Google Adwords interview questions and answers for PPC executives.
Google AdWords Interview Questions & Answers 2021:-
This article is divided into two sections, according to your expertise-
- Basic Level Google AdWords Interview Questions & Answers
- Expert Level Google AdWords Interview Questions & Answers
Google AdWords Interview Questions and Answers for Fresher
1. What is Google AdWords?
Ans – AdWords is Google’s proprietary advertising service has created to advertise and market products or services on Google search engine and its affiliated sites. It displays ads based on multiple factors such as keywords, interests, topics, demographics, etc.
2. What is PPC Marketing?
Ans – PPC stands for Pay Per Click, a popular advertising option in google in which advertisers pay as per the ad is clicked. PPC advertising is popular because it helps businesses to bring targeted customers instantly unlike organic traffic.
3. Explain how AdWords work?
Ans – Google AdWords uses a bidding system, the system determines the ad position based on the Maximum bid & Quality Score of the ad. Higher the maximum bid and Quality score, better the chances of being on top of the page. The best-combined maximum bid and the quality score get the top position.
Advertisers need to pay only on Impressions or clicks on the ads. So, optimizing the Quality score is important to improve your ad rank without increasing the maximum bid.
4. Why use Google AdWords?
Ans – Here are some reasons for using Google AdWords:-
- It gives instant results rather than SEO.
- It shows your business on the Ist page on advertising.
- To beat the competition.
5. What is Ad Rank?
Ans – Ad Rank is the position of an ad on Google SERPs which is determined by the bid amount, ad quality, the competition, and the keyword.
6. The maximum number of campaigns and ad groups you can make in Google AdWords?
Ans – Google Ads account can contain as many as 10,000 campaigns (including active and paused campaigns) per account, 20,000 ad groups per campaign, and 50 text ads per ad group.
7. Explain what is Google Quality Score?
Ans – The quality score is a term in which Google ensures the viability of your ad to the user, primarily based on your ads CTR, i.e. the quality of your landing page and its keyword relevance. Better the quality score ensure better ROI and better ranking.
8. What is CTR (Click Through Rate) and what is its formula? Does CTR help in improving the quality score?
Ans – CTR refers to Click Through Rate, a unit to measure the click rate of your ad. It is calculated by a simple formula:
Yes, it would help in improving the quality score. It is one of the important factors in determining the Quality Score of the ad. increasing in the CTR decreases the overall spending of the ads.
Read Also:– 57 SEO Interview Questions and Answers
9. What is the difference between CPM, CPC, and CPV bidding?
Ans – CPM: Cost Per Thousand is the amount you pay per thousand impressions on your ads.
CPC: Cost Per Click is the amount you pay for each click on your ads.
CPV: Click Per View is when advertisers pay for each unique user view of your video ads.
(Most important question in Google Adwords Specialist/PPC Interview)
10. What is ad rotation?
Ans – Ad rotation is a campaign setting in Google AdWords that automatically rotates your ad within the ad group. You have the option to request Google how it would rotate the ad, such as, based on the best performing ads or rotating evenly.
11. What is the difference between clicks and impressions?
Ans – Impression is the number of times targeted users view your Google ad. This shows what is the reach of your ad.
Click is the number of times your targeted users clicked on your ad and visited your website or landing page.
12. How many characters are allowed in the title & description of AdWords ads?
Ans – The title allows 30 characters and description allow 90 characters.
13. What is Broad, Phrase, and Exact Match?
Ans – Broad match is the default match type that all your keywords are assigned. Ads may show on searches that include misspellings, synonyms, related searches, and other relevant variations.
In Phrase match Ads may show on searches that match a phrase, or close variations of that phrase, which may include additional words before or after. Ads won’t show, however, if a word is added to the middle of the phrase that changes the meaning of the phrase.
In Exact match -Ads may show on searches that match the exact term or are close variations of that exact term. Close variants include searches for keywords with the same meaning as the exact keywords, regardless of spelling or grammar differences between the query and the keyword. (Source:- support.google.com)
14. Explain Google Click-to-Call.
Ans – It helps primarily the local businesses that don’t have/need a website. By setting up Google click to call campaign, they can leave a phone number to which users can call by simply clicking their advertisement on Google SERP.
15. How can you automatically include the user’s query into the ad copy?
Ans – With the help of Dynamic keyword insertion, we can user’s query into ad copy automatically included.
Google AdWords Interview Questions & Answers for Experienced
16. What is the frequency capping in AdWords?
Ans – Frequency capping allows the advertiser to limit how many times an ad is visible to an individual.
We can set this frequency cap in the ad, ad group, and campaign level. Advertisers can also segment them by month, week, or day.
17. What is IP Address exclusion in Google AdWords
Ans – Blocking or excluding the desired IP address. Like – excluding own office IP address so your impression can not be counted. With this feature, you can exclude up to 500 IP addresses per campaign.
18. Why did you choose to be a Google AdWords/PPC specialist?
Ans – In digital marketing, PPC is a relatively new and growing profession with a huge scope. In this profile, my work is flexible and measurable too. I can work from home or anywhere. As it works upon AI modules hence it’s a safe job in upcoming years and it will be a demanding job in the future.
19. What is Google AdWords Double Serving Policy?
Ans – To make the auction process fair, Google doesn’t encourage advertisers to run ads for the same businesses through different accounts triggered by the same keywords. Google calls this as double serving policy. Google has banned multiple ads from the same firm from appearing on SERP.
20. What are Invalid Clicks, and how does Google determine them?
Ans – Invalid clicks are the Clicks on ads that Google considers to be illegitimate, such as unintentional clicks or clicks resulting from malicious software to increase your expense or to increase the value of the website that is hosting the ad.
Google uses algorithms to find such invalid clicks and automatically filter them from the reports.
21. What are all the challenges you face in this career?
Ans – You have to be updated all the time and have a keen eye on Google algorithms update. The industry is fast pacing and can’t afford to get outdated. You need to completely aware of all the new features, tools and find ways to utilize those for the campaigns.
22. What are all the different types of automated bidding strategies?
Ans – There are seven types of automated bidding strategies.
- Maximize clicks – Maximize clicks strategy purely created to improve the number of visitors to your website. If you want quick visitors to your newly launched product, you can utilize the maximize clicks strategy.
- Target Search Per Location – Target search per location set bids to let your ads appear on the first page of Google SERP or in one of the top positions. You can utilize if you want nothing but the top positions in SERP.
- Target outranking share – If you want to outrank your competitor’s domain, you can get the help of target outranking share. You can define how frequently you would like to outrank your competitor’s ads.
- Target CPA – Target cost per acquisition gives you more control over the advertisers. Google AdWords helps you to get as many conversions as possible in this strategy. You can use this strategy if you are well aware of the CPA that you can spend.
- Enhanced CPC – Enhanced cost per click is available as an optional service when you use manual CPC bidding. It helps Google AdWords to adjust your manual bidding with maintains the same cost per conversion and increasing your conversion numbers.
- Target Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) – After you set your ROAS, Google AdWords set bids to help you achieve more conversion as possible.
- Maximize Conversions- This strategy helps you set bids automatically to help you get as much as conversions as possible.
23. What is understood by API?
Google Ad API is an advanced feature designed for big corporates, ad agencies to allow their developers to build applications that will engage directly with the Google Adwords server, which helps them utilize ads efficiently. It allows advertisers to modify ads based on their needs easily.
24. How do you measure Google AdWords campaign success?
Ans – It depends on the aim of the campaign. Like E-commerce campaign success based on sales and service campaign success based on leads.
25. Why quality of the landing page is important for the success of the campaign?
Ans – Landing Pages are crucial to any digital marketing campaign. It introduces the user to your business or the products you sell. A great landing page can cause a user to convert on their first visit, while a poor one can leave a lasting negative impression. the great landing page will be technically sound too – fully mobile responsive, formatted correctly, and with a clear focus on security.
We hope the above Google AdWords Interview Questions and Answers guide is helpful for you to crack the Interview. We will be updating it regularly to keep you updated. Best wishes for your new job!!